21st Century Eligibility Requirement
The following requirements must be met in addition to those listed on our state aid programs page in order to qualify for the 21st Century Scholars grant from the Indiana Commission for Higher Education (CHE).
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by your FAFSA.
- Be an Indiana resident by December 31 the year prior to applying (for instance, December 31, 2020 for the 2021-22 academic year)
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- To receive the maximum award amounts, meet credit hour completion requirement outlined below:
- First year: 30 credits completed
- Second year: 60 credits completed
- Third year: 90 credits completed
- If you do not meet the credit completion requirements, you may still qualify for a lesser amount of the Freedom of Choice grant depending on your need-based eligibility. You must have the following number of credits completed in order to qualify:
- First year: 24 credits
- Second year: 48 credits
- Third year: 72 credits
In consultation with Indiana’s colleges and universities, ICHE established the following post secondary requirements for 21st Century Scholars beginning in 2019-2020.
College Performance: All 3 per Year
- Complete 30 Credits
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- File Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
College Engagement: 1+ per Year
- You will need to attend one of the Tech Talks events throughout the year.
Career Preparation: 1+ per Year
- Informational Interview
- Job Shadow
- Professional Résumé
- Internship (or equivalent)
- Student-Faculty Research
- A Mentor will be assigned to you within your first semester at Indiana Tech.
- Fall starts will be assigned in September.
- Spring starts will be assigned in February.