If you are a dependent student, you must follow these steps to complete the verification process.
- Log into your financial aid portal and review missing documents on your To-Do list.
- If requested, complete the Dependent Verification Worksheet. Make sure that you and a parent sign the form. Verification forms are available under the forms page.
- If requested, submit your tax return transcripts and W-2s. You may submit these documents in one of two ways:
- Electronically through the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the Student Financial Information tab of your FAFSA. This is the fastest option as this information should reach the Indiana Tech financial aid office in three to five business days.
- Visit the IRS website and click on “Get Transcript of Your Tax Records” and follow prompts in order to download a copy of your tax transcript. That copy should then be submitted to our office for review.
- If requested, submit your parent’s tax return transcripts and W-2s. Parents may use one of the two options listed above to submit their tax information as well.
- Submit any additional documentation as requested.
To avoid delays in receiving your financial aid, please submit all documents in a timely manner. All documents should be submitted within two weeks and must be received at least one week prior to the student’s last date of attendance for processing.